Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
ASIST is a two day course in suicide intervention. ASIST places particular emphasis on the safety of participants, recognising the possibility that participants may be vulnerable.
The course consists of:
- The most widely used and researched suicide intervention skills training in the world
- In-depth, practical training
- Very effective intervention tool that combines the benefits of active listening with a practical, directive approach
- Empathic, person-centred approach based on trust and good communication
- Highly experienced trainers from a wide variety of backgrounds
*Please note that due to the sensitive topics discussed within the training it is recommended that participants have an appropriate level of well-being before attending.
Whist sharing experiences can benefit the training experience participants must be aware that Mental Health First Aid is designed to help participants support others and is not intended as a therapy session for the participant. This is for the comfort for all participants.