With advisers reporting an increase in numbers of clients with suicidal thoughts, this course aims to support advisers to feel better equipped and more confident to offer support to clients.
Who should attend?
Advisers wanting to increase their confidence in dealing with clients presenting with suicidal thoughts.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe your own attitude to suicide and how this may impact on work with suicidal clients,
- recognise when clients are having suicidal thoughts, and explain how to respond,
- discuss client confidentiality issues around suicide,
- identify agencies that clients can be signposted to for help,
- recognise the importance of self-care and develop an action plan for your own self-care.
*Please note that due to the sensitive topics discussed within the training it is recommended that participants have an appropriate level of well-being before attending.
Whist sharing experiences can benefit the training experience participants must be aware that Mental Health First Aid is designed to help participants support others and is not intended as a therapy session for the participant. This is for the comfort for all participants.