eMental Health Awareness is an interactive online course designed to provide participants with a foundation of knowledge to begin their journey in understanding mental health.The course enables participants to:·
Develop an understanding and awareness of what mental health is, what mental illness is and the difference between the two
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of poor mental health
- Understand the effects of stigma on individuals experiencing poor mental health
- Understand what depression and anxiety are and the effects they can have on a person
- Understand the impact of suicide in the UK and Republic of Ireland
- Learn basic tips for supporting someone
- Understand more about self-care and implement self-care strategies
*Please note that due to the sensitive topics discussed within the training it is recommended that participants have an appropriate level of well-being before attending.
Whist sharing experiences can benefit the training experience participants must be aware that Mental Health First Aid is designed to help participants support others and is not intended as a therapy session for the participant. This is for the comfort for all participants.